The AJILity Lift has proven to be essential for many individuals by providing an opportunity to work and either maintain or increase income level opportunities.
In a perfect world, all health insurance providers and government agencies would formally acknowledge these benefits and provide financial assistance where required. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.
At times individuals must apply for funding and clearly demonstrate the necessity of the AJILity Lift as a mobility aid for any request to be approved. A Medical Necessity Letter is a key factor to assist in this process to secure funding.
Medical Necessity Letters clearly promote the necessity of the AJILity Lift as a mobility aid. In the document, medical practitioners can illustrate the individual’s condition and outline the importance of this assistive device.
Medical Necessity Letters should be written & signed by licensed medical professionals such as Occupational or Rehabilitation Therapists. It is key that the document is comprehensive and should include the following key points:
- The document should include answers to the following: Who/What/Where/When/How?
- The document should be written to maximize clarity and include the patient’s medical and work history to justify the mobility aid.
- It is crucial to define the AJILity Lift as a medical necessity to the user to ensure continuance of employment and maintaining earning potential.
- Integrating the non-financial benefits could also be beneficial including self-esteem and social acceptance.
- Appropriate terminology is also important. For example, the user should be referred to as a ‘patient’, not a ‘client’ or the AJILity Lift as a ‘mobility aid’.
To view examples of Medical Necessity Letters… Click Here.
Atom-Jet Industries & the AJILity Lift team will work with you & help direct you towards possible alternative financial resources if needed. We have worked closely with foundations and government groups in the past that are willing to help with the funding process. Most associations do ask that forms be filled in with specific criteria and information; and we will help guide you through their requirements.
Note: These suggestions for funding are only a guide of best practices and will not necessarily guarantee success. Please consult appropriate authorities to ensure what is contained herein is in compliance with current legal requirements.